Monday, August 15, 2016

Admonition of Paul - Week 33

Dear family and friends, 

So, this is something that I completely agree and live by:

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul- We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

What is more lovely than that? To sum up my feelings about it, I believe in being a good person and surrounding myself with as much good as possible. If there is something that upsets me, I try to resolve it; if there is a stress in my life, I relieve it; if there is something scary and dark, I add light; and if there is something good, I seek after it. That is what I am doing on my mission, constantly seeking after something good and once I find it, I try to do everything that I can to appreciate the moment. 

Right now, the biggest appreciation that I have is that I have a wonderful companion that teaches me daily how to be a good person. What is even better, is that she doesn't even know it, but she is an example through the way that she lives her life and shares her light with everyone. This has been one of the most peaceful and fun transfers that I have had and I know that there has been a lot of growth within me. I am more courageous to just open my mouth and talk to anyone because ultimately, I know that my companion will be able to step in and help when my understanding runs out. Slowly, I am trying to emulate her example and be more understanding and loving instead of trying to control every moment of my day. 

In fact, I have a goal to have the least stressful mission possible. This is a wonderful opportunity and I do not want to miss it because I forget to lift up my eyes and see all the good that the Lord has blessed me with. There is good everywhere. Along with this admonition, I am also seeking after other good gifts sent from Heaven. I also believe in being able to ask our loving Heavenly Father for help in developing different traits, not necessarily to just be a cool trick, but to actually help others. In fact, I am seeking after the Gift of Tongues everyday in order to better communicate with all of the wonderful Mongolians surrounding me daily. In 1 Corinthians, Paul writes about how some are given:
“But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man tprofit withal.
“For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues.”
So, now it is time to test my faith. Do I believe it? Yes, I do. I have decided to read the Book of Mormon out loud everyday and finish within 90 days. This means that I will have to read 3 chapters out-loud daily, this will mean a sacrifice of 'free' time in pursuit of something higher and better. Do you want to join? I know that Heavenly Father is going to see my hard work, loosen my tongue, and make it possible for me to exercise my faith and come closer to Him, it is going to be the event that is going to continue to define my mission. It takes me roughly 45 minutes to just read one chapter, this is going to be good. I am seeking after it. (I was going to set up the reading schedule if anyone wanted to join, but I forgot to bring it with me to the internet. I will have it next time, but just try to read 3 chapters daily this week).

I hope that you all continue to seek after it also.

I love you!

Sister Olsen


PS - I WENT ON A HIKE TODAY AND IT WAS SO STINKIN' BEAUTIFUL! I hope that I get out to the countryside next summer. School is starting again next month (Sept. 15) so I will be stuck in the city until June. Keep your fingers crossed!
 



I LOVE MONGOLIA!! This was one of the best days ever. My comp and I have already talked about going on another one soon. :)





 So Sis. Bollwinkel had a package that came in the mail, and then got lost for a little bit (about 75 days). BUT WE FOUND IT! It was on a rainy day and we had to go out to the airport to get it, but it was completely worth it and the people there helped us out so much because we were the foreigners standing around looking confused. Do you see that awesome plane, though??





I joined a group of Missionaries singing 2 songs next month for the visiting area representative




Also, I am singing in the songs that all missionaries will use with English





Here are Mongolia pictures. Guess what! I also get to start wearing my badge again in church--I haven't really worn my badge since leaving the MTC






No comments:

Post a Comment